Pages

Monday 30 April 2012

April Birthdays

I love to celebrate birthdays...I think they are the perfect time to focus on the birthday person to make them feel special and loved.  After all it's their day, the day they were born. and it should be all about them.  I hope my friend, Elizabeth, will enjoy her evening with us!
Here I have the table set for my dear friend's birthday.  I thought the yellow combined with blue and white was bright and fresh for an April birthday.  The tablecloth is new...I saw it at Bowering's and immediately fell in love with the hand-stamped design.  I love the versatility with so many wonderful colours that can be used with the bright navy blue and crisp white.
Here you get a little better view of the bunch of blue flowers which I've added to the pristine white elephant vase...so pretty!
I love using pedestals for height...oops! forgot to add my tea light.  I have miniature salt  pepper sets at the front of each place setting and little paper doilies to catch any drips from the water glasses.
The little yellow lantern I found at our local supermarket...they came in a variety of bright colours (turquoise, orange, black & white).  They're great to use for adding that pop of colour to any table setting.
AND...here is the the guest of honour, the birthday girl herself, Elizabeth.  I hope she enjoys the homemade cake I made for her.  It has a thick cream cheese and Cool Whip filling with oodles of milk chocolate over top.  Note the rainbow coloured flames from the candles?  I always use just three candles, one represents the Past, one the Present and the third, the Future.  Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!

Wishing you another year of health and happiness!

*****

Below, we're celebrating Joel's birthday. Joel is our amazing 'son'-in-law'.  I think he really loved the new reel and will enjoy many fishing trips in the future. 
 
Happy Birthday, Joel!

Presents!
This adorable doggy gift bag I found at Dollarama.  He looks so much like Noah when he was  a puppy...I just couldn't wait to use it to hide a birthday surprise!
 
You just can't celebrate a birthday without balloons...I love the masculine colors, do you?


Each year everyone gets to choose their choice of cake...this year Joel decided on a 'cup' cake...so I purchased a cupcake display stand and chose a variety of yummy treats...popped a candle in the center of each one and voila! A decandent delight!



 Mmmmm...Cookies & Cream


YUM!



 Rainbow-flamed candles...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOEL!










No comments:

Post a Comment